At Polarsteps we always want one thing to be true: that we are an app for travelers, built by travelers. That's why, once a year, every member of our team is 'teleported' to a random location. This also gives them the chance to use the latest version of the app out in the world, so that we know what to improve next. The best bit? We pay for the ticket (and, if they choose to take the train, give them some spending money, too). And now, we’ve made big changes to our beloved Teleporter

We’re not just talking about a design glow-up (although it has very much had one of those as well). The real game-changer? When you spin — whether you’re opting for the train or plane — you get THREE destinations to choose from.

Why?

Well, our team is growing quickly, and, as this happens, we become more and more aware that everyone's needs, situations, and preferences vary. This means not every destination the Teleporter offers up, is a good fit.

For instance, snagging a free flight to New Zealand might be a dream for a solo adventurer, but for someone with a family, it could mean a hefty unexpected expense. Or, a lone explorer might feel uneasy about the safety of the destination they’ve received. 

And, of course, with our team members coming from all over the world, it could be that visa restrictions from certain countries could get in the way of them using their ticket.

Essentially, our team is becoming more diverse in every way. And we want to both recognize and celebrate that by ensuring this perk is as accessible as possible for every member of the Polarsteps pack, no matter their circumstances.

So, here’s to more options and more incredible adventures!

Try the new Teleporter for yourself

Get the latest news in your inbox

Get the latest news in your inbox

Get the latest news in your inbox

© 2024 Polarsteps

© 2024 Polarsteps

© 2024 Polarsteps