Polarsteps, the popular travel tracking app, today announces the launch of its "Travel Book": an instant photo album designed for the avid traveler. The app lets globetrotters automatically track their route and places they've visited during their trip. With the new Travel Book innovation, travelers can instantly generate an epic photo album right after their journey is finished. Travel Books are made specifically for telling a travel story and include rich trip details such as route, travel statistics, weather and altitudes.

The concept of Polarsteps is simple: schedule your upcoming trips and the app will do its magic. It checks your location from time to time, and plots the results on a colorful map where your family and friends can follow your adventures in realtime. As you approve suggested ‘steps’ and add photos, the travel log populates itself. The app also offers a wide range of statistics, such as trip duration, countries visited and distance traveled. When your trip is finished, a personal Travel Book is generated with the push of a button. If you have no future trips planned, it's also easy to create an album for past trips using the website.

In the mobile age, travel memories are easily lost with the rise and fall of apps and services used by travelers. Polarsteps taps into this problem by turning your travel moments into a lifetime keepsake in the wink of an eye. The layout of a Travel Book is generated by Polarsteps based on all details of a trip, taking away the hassle of having to spend evenings in a photo album editor. Photos, texts, travel statistics and details such as weather and altitude are neatly visualized for each location visited. The books come in four colors and can hold up to 300 pages. Pricing starts at €20 ($22) for a 24-page hardcover album, and includes worldwide shipping and taxes.

With the introduction of Travel Books, Polarsteps is extending their already popular travel tracking app with a paper product that is meticulously crafted to tell a travel story in all its glory. "We all know that nostalgic feeling when going through photos of a trip you took 5 or 10 years ago", says Polarsteps co-founder and CEO Koen Droste. "Yet the real story of a trip is so much more than just your photos. Our app is used by travelers all around the world to automatically record their trips in full detail. With Travel Books we are making sure that 10 years from now they'll not only still have an awesome photo of a lake in Guatemala, but they'll remember every detail of visiting that lake - including route, locations, weather and their personal story. Travel Books are designed to turn all this information into a vivid experience that will last forever."

Polarsteps for Android and iPhone can be downloaded at www.polarsteps.com/app. An introduction video for the Travel Book is available on YouTube.

Get the latest news in your inbox

Get the latest news in your inbox

Get the latest news in your inbox

© 2024 Polarsteps

© 2024 Polarsteps

© 2024 Polarsteps